Permanent full time opportunity for a Principal Designer – Orpington Office
We are looking for an experienced and competent Principal Designer with design background to join our fast-growing Health and Safety Consultancy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious person with drive, enthusiasm and a good knowledge of design and construction to join an award winning multi-disciplinary practice.
You will provide CDM/PD support and advice to multi-disciplinary design teams and Clients during the design and pre-construction stages of a wide range of projects to ensure their compliance with their statutory duties under CDM Regulations 2015.
You will collaborate with other design disciplines to plan, manage and co-ordinate health and safety during the pre-construction stage. Share CDM knowledge across all professions, develop and deliver core CDM Documentation and manage all aspects of the Principal Designer role, as defined with the CDM 2015 Regulations.
You will be able to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects using excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a collaborative team-working style and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Ideally you will hold, or be working towards, a NEBOSH General Certificate /Construction qualification and Design/ construction qualification and experience. Ideally, you are a member of IOSH and APS.
The ideal candidate will have:
- substantial years of experience within a similar position, demonstrating strong construction background, design knowledge and familiarity with construction health and safety;
- a thorough working knowledge and experience of the CDM 2015 Regulations; other health & safety regulations and a good knowledge of design and construction related activities and designers’ duties gained from broad experience across a range of industry sectors.
- the experience and expertise to compile and review significant hazard and risk registers, design risk management and PCI pack and able to work effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds.
- strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to excel in a direct client facing role.
- the drive and ambition needed to develop the business, alongside loyalty and a willingness to actively contribute to the growth of the team
- ability to compile and write reports
- you will be proficient in MS Office.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, company pension and private medical insurance
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to [email protected]